Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our visitors

We've had a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses come by house this week... Merry Awkward Christmas to me. Well, we usually try and be kind but this morning we had two come by. This was second visit this week. It was Sam's turn so I heard him out there talking. Here is the conversation:

JW: "Hello, we've been talking to your neighbors about the suffering in the world. Do you believe there's suffering in the world?"

Sam: "Yes we do. But, my wife and I are believers so..."

JW: "Ok, well we want to show you one verse, Proverbs 2:22, 'The wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it. ' Have a great day, here are two pamphlets."

Sam: "Oh wow."

JW: "We'll check back later."

Sam comes inside and brings me the pamphlets with this look on his face that I've seen before, as if he's been asked to write a book report. I am laughing (the kind of laughing so we don't cry) hysterically at this interaction. People, really?! That is the verse you're walking around to our neighbors with!? REALLY!? Please be warned, our dog will be waiting with a super soaker next time because Santa brought him some thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment