Monday, December 28, 2009

Where to now?

Why do we think we have to go somewhere else to experience life? I find myself thinking, "Well if I were only here _____, then I could do _____." I think I'd be cooler and friends with Don Miller if I lived in Portland. I think I'd be a more focused musician if I lived in Nashville. I think I'd be in better shape if I lived out west and hiked all the time. I think I'd be more creative if I got to live at the beach. I think I'd be more social and have more friends if I lived in.... the list goes on.

My life is happening right now and I've made it boring by all of my wishing I was somewhere else. But I'm realizing that I don't have to be anywhere else or with anyone else or doing anything else for my life to be exciting. It's go time.


No comments:

Post a Comment