Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This week is dedicated to...

CHILDREN!

I have something kind of stressful coming up on Saturday so I have decided the best way to handle the stress is to act like a child all week. Granted, most of what I am going to do this week is silly, fun, and makes me feel like I'm 10 years old. But I'm also going to practice a childlike faith.

Mark 10:15, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."


I think having a childlike faith and demeanor can be not only fun but freeing. So here goes!


Sunday's agenda involved me calling one of my best friends who lives in Asheville for a "play date". You have to understand my love for Ashleigh... she will do crazy things with me without even blinking. I called her and she came up for the day and we decided we would go to the fair. We rode all of the rides that would make us vomit, ate like pigs, then watched pigs race around a racetrack for Oreos, and then.... got our face painted. I mean, we had to right? Here are the highlights of a childlike day.



Here we are on the Musik Express... the G-force made me squish into Ashleigh and I almost peed in my pants I was laughing so hard

Here are the precious pigs racing for the Oreo, I wanted to take one home... but I didn't. Instead, I ate a corndog.


I kind of felt badly about the corndog... so I soothed myself with ribbon fries.


And the grand finale... our face paint. I felt it was appropriate for me to finish my day by being a puppy dog... you know, for the mission.

I realize I should be embarrassed... but I'm just not
Now, I dare you to join me in throwing those inhibitions to the wind and freeing your heart to have a childlike faith this week! Feel free to leave your stories in the comments sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment