Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I laugh in the face of...Murphy's Law

I have realized the power of laughter. It has the power to dethrone the enemy I like to call, Murphy's Law. Yesterday I had all of my final work due for a class. I had procrastinated and was still working on it at 3:45. I needed to have it postmarked by 5. Naturally, we only had one car and as I was needing it to drive to the post office so Sam calls me to tell me he locked the keys in the car...downtown.

So, I laughed. I laughed really loudly and obnoxiously. I laughed in the face of stress. My day was a lot better because stress can come pretty easily, and I found that laughter can ease the pain of the curve balls that are thrown at our face.

So whether your mother or mother-in-law said something that hurt your feelings, your boss blamed you for something you didn't do, your friends decided leggings aren't cool anymore after you just spent $40 buying some from seller jonasbrolover879 on ebay, or you just plain didn't get to the grocery store on time, laugh. Trust me, it's worth it. Whatever is making you stressed just. is. not. worth. it. Your life is too important for stress to have a grip on you. If you need help laughing, make a fool of yourself with your friends. Look at the idiot on the right in this video, I mean, do you think I was stressed that day!?

1 comment:

  1. ummmm thank ya. so glad these videos continue to make the rounds.

    ReplyDelete