Sunday, January 3, 2010

Raleigh Adventure 2010

I decided at the last minute to keep driving east and go see some friends in Raleigh. These are dear friends who spark my creativity, provoke my convictions, and make me laugh harder than America's Funniest Home Videos. Sure, it might not have been the smartest of acts driving to Raleigh for a few hours just to drive back. But I'll remember my friend Christin's laugh as she walked in her house and found me in the nursery. I'll remember trying to pack 15 of the most brilliant people I know around a table at Busy Bee. I'll remember having priceless conversations about relationships with Scott, the endless possibilities of her future with Ashleigh, and the importance of living near friends with Rice, Thurston, and Bliss. I won't remember how tired I was on the drive back.

And for those I didn't get to see, I'll be back soon... and Regan, I have not forgotten about my necklaces you're holding hostage :)

More and more each day I realize that life is about relationships. For some reason, mostly because of laziness, I've become a hermit. No longer my friends! I have to start letting my actions show what is important, I have to start showing my friends they are important, not just telling them. Are you showing your friends or just assuming they know...


My favorite group of red heads!

Matt, one of the best dads I've seen.

Discussing Scooter's future wife

My ladies, May and Ashleigh

Rice, Bob, and Steph (newly appointed social chair)

Bliss, Thurston, and Jon Scott (all wishing we had Pimms Cups)

4 comments:

  1. oh sweet martha, they shall be yours soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Regan for my new favorite non-swear swear word. OH SWEET MARTHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love surprises!!!

    i'll wait for my surprise martha appearance another time....

    ReplyDelete