Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Alive!!

I have just gotten off of the couch and it has been almost a full day since I got sick. It's amazing what being sick for almost a week can do to a body. My 1/2 marathon training is a bit off as I couldn't exactly run with just gingerale on my stomach. My weight has dropped considerably which I'm not a fan of. So today I've been trying to eat solid foods and get my energy level back up.

The other bummer is that my adventure with Ashleigh had to be postponed. She did come Friday night and compete with Sam over who could take care of me the best. She won because she actually made physical contact and Sam hadn't since last Tuesday. Apparently getting sick in law school goes over about as well as going to the lip gloss counter with a herpes outbreak.
So while our adventure is postponed, I'm going to go enjoy the sun shine and leave you with this on Dr. King's day. How amazing that someone who was met with such violence decided to fight for justice in a peaceful way, never lacking in passion.

"Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment